I. BUS SAFETY STANDARDS
- Establish Student Disciplinary Standards and Procedures
- Establish Maximum Seating Capacity, e.g., 3 elementary students/seat; 2 middle/high school students/seat
- Establish Student Code of Conduct for Riding Buses:
No eating, drinking, or standing; No student use of electronic devices (radio,
cell phones, CD players) that would interfere with bus driver's communication devices; No student use of mirrors, laser or flash lights, or other bright objects that reflect light and may distract bus or other drivers.
- Bus Drivers shall be provided critical student information, including student and parent names, addresses, medical needs, prior disciplinary records.
- Require All Buses:
Automatic Mirror Defrosters
FirEstablish Uniform Traffic Control System, Standards, & Scheduling for Arrival & Departure of Busesst Aid Kit, Protective Gloves
Establish Uniform Traffic Control System, Standards, & Scheduling for Arrival & Departure of Buses
- Establish Standards for Use and Custody of Bus Video Cameras and Tapes (Internal/External Cameras)
- Provide Monitors for Buses at Schools With High Rate of Student Disciplinary Problems, for Buses with Railroad Crossings, 80% Maximum Daily Capacity, or Excess Mileage/Trip Duration
- Parents Required to Sign & Affirm Reading and Discussion with Children of Bus Safety Rules and Code of Conduct
II. Salary & Benefits
- Establish Statewide Bus Driver Salary Schedule
- Increase Retirement Benefits
- Provide Two Monthly Paychecks
- Establish Uniform Statewide and Local Training Requirements for Bus Drivers & Monitors, including First Aid Training.
- Payment for health physicals
- Require System Funding and Pay for Attendance at All State and Local Safety Meetings and Training
- Establish Non-Retaliation for Bus Drivers from Disciplinary Action for Good Faith Reporting & Enforcement of State Laws and Local Policies