SOCIAL SECURITY FAIRNESS
HONESTY IN EDUCATION
1.See generally Christine E. Sleeter, Nat’l Educ. Ass’n, The Academic and Social Value of Ethnic Studies (2011), available at http://www.nea.org/ assets/docs/NBI-2010-3-value-of-ethnic-studies.pdf; Derrick P. Alridge, The Limits of Master Narratives in History Textbooks, 108 TEACHERS COLL. REC. 662 (2006)
2. Sabine E. French et al., The Development of Ethnic Identity During Adolescence, 42 DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOL. 1, 2-4 (Jan. 2006).
3. David B. Miller, Promoting Resilience in Urban African American Adolescents: Racial Socialization and Identity as Protective Factors, 23 SOCIAL WORK RES. 159 (1999).
Special Needs Voucher Stats (2019-2020 School Year)
- Total scholarship payments statewide for FY20: $35,576,322
- Range of annual scholarship amounts for GSNS students: $2,365-$14,635
- Average annual scholarship amount: $6,734
- Average annual payment amount of participating private schools: $143,643
- Range of annual tuition amounts of participating private schools: $3,500-$40,900