- Air radio spots or purchase newspaper ads for holiday greeting from members with helpful tips for holiday safety or other appropriate information.
- Mail out holiday cards to staff and your holiday mailing list.
- Co-sponsor a holiday project on assistance to needy families with a local community or service organization.
- Create PSAs encouraging parents to keep their children reading during the winter break.
- Encourage short winter reading programs to continue the education process over the break
Planning for upcoming events:
Begin to put plans in place for how your local will assist with the Georgia General Assembly.
Develop a flyer for parents on child nutrition, dressing children appropriately for winter weather, safety in winter sports, etc. to distribute in January.
- Begin thinking about and planning for NEA’s Read Across America.
- Prepare/create/collaborate [with local radio] any appropriate PSAs.
- Prepare letters and other communications to parents, community members, etc.
- Choose two Association member benefits to highlight to members.
*Remember to occasionally poll your members for any personal or professional awards or accomplishments that can be pitched to your local media. When contacting the media, be sure your membership in the Association is mentioned.