We should care who sits on the U.S. Supreme Court because court decisions affect our collective bargaining rights, the access our students have to the educational opportunities they deserve, and our children’s (and grandchildren’s) future. Justices may hold their appointments for life; that gives them ample time to impact the rights we hold dear—for better or worse. Read more
Volume 15, Issue 1:
GAE's plans to help and recruit millennials; How educators can help students filter fake news; GAE elections and proposed redistricting; Spring RA; How a bill becomes a law; and more!
Tax Tips for Educators
Your Featured Benefits
Download the My Deals App Today! You can get your deals on-the-go with your My Deals app. Simply download from the App Store or Google Play. There is no printing required – you simply show your phone and save. The My Deals app uses geo-location technology that pulls in deals based on your location. Whether you’re in Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta or Macon, you’ll be given an automatic download of merchants near you. But it doesn’t stop there. These mobile deals are available for you nationwide. It’s so easy to use and a great way to put your GAE member benefits to good use.
- Black History Month – Resources on February 1, 2017
- NEA’s Read Across America – See resources on March 2, 2017
- Deadline for Local Associations to submit Delegate Certification Forms for 2017 GAE Spring Representative Assembly on March 2, 2017
- Teen Tech Week begins – See resources on March 5, 2017
- District 3 Meeting – Valdosta on March 14, 2017 6:00 pm
- GAE State Spelling Bee Championship on March 17, 2017 11:00 am
- District 1 Meeting – Gainesville on March 18, 2017
- Spring begins – See resources on March 20, 2017
News U Can Use
NEA ESP Leaders for Tomorrow applications are now available!
Deadline is March 31st!
GAE Student Program GACE (Program Admission) Workshop Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 3pm-6pm, RSVP by 5pm, March 3
2018 Global Learning Fellowship
sponsored by The NEA Foundation
Deadline: Feb. 28, 2017