The mission of our retired members is to support GAE in its efforts to Advocate for Excellence in Public Education.
Whether you soon will retire from your career in education or have just recently retired, your experience is valued as a member of GAE/NEA, the only state and national program designed especially for retired educational personnel. It’s the place for you to stay involved in education and gain important benefits whether you taught in the classroom or provided critical support services.
We’re GAE/NEA members, and we’re concerned about our future. Increasing numbers of American educational employees soon will retire. We are affected by the rising costs of health care, threats to Social Security and Medicare, increasing utility costs, and changes in tax rates and fair housing practices. Membership in a vital, democratic organization is crucial to advancing our concerns and continuing our involvement in the political debates that shape educational and social policy.
The almost three million member National Education Association is your advocate for the rights of all educational employees, active and retired. GAE/NEA members are eligible to become active participants in GAE's/NEA’s political and legislative activities.
Your skills as an experienced professional are crucial to GAE's/NEA’s ongoing lobbying efforts to protect critical programs, such as Social Security, and to promote quality public education.
Inexpensive, continuing membership in GAE/NEA keeps us involved in our profession –as active as we decide to be.
- Pre-Retirement Seminars 2020
- 2020 Post Summit NEA Retired Conference
- $25 Gift Card Drawing Submit Your Email Addres
- AMC 2020
- Middle Georgia Caucus
- Let's Meet
- February 29: A Best Practices Institute for Early career and Veteran Educators
- Books and Bears 2020
- GAE-Retired 2019-20 Calendar (with links!)
- NEA Today for Retired Members--latest issue
- GAE-Retired 2019-20 Meeting Dates
- Get Connected with GAE-Retired
- GAE-Retired's Facebook Page--Check It Out!
- 2019-20 GAE-Retired Executive Committee
- Click here to Join Our Mailing List!
- Signup guide: GAE-Pre-Retired Membership
- Signup Information GAE-Retired Membership
- GAE-Retired Lifetime Form
- Benefits | Dental, Vision and Hearing Plans
- GAE-Retired Constitution and Bylaws
- TRS | TRS Publications
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter